Here are some announcements for the week 3/23. If you have any questions, comments, or ideas about how we can continue to be the church, I would love to hear from you.
- The church office will be open during the week from 9:00am until 3:00pm. If the door is locked, please ring the “video doorbell” and someone will let you in.
- The Forerunner group will NOT meet on Thursday. We will be posting the church newsletter online. LisaAnne will be snail-mailing copies to the members she knows do not do computers. If you know of someone who wants a newsletter but doesn’t have a computer, you may print them a copy or contact LisaAnne to make sure they are on the list. We will also have hard copies available at the church.
- Worship CDs of our “virtual service” are available. If you know of someone who was not able to tune in, please let us know.
- The Blanket Ladies (Margaret and Arline) have made 50 face masks to share with our local health care agencies! They are in need of elastic to make more. The desired width is 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch in white or black. Each mask takes about 19 inches of elastic. It has been sold out in most stores. If you have any to share, please feel free to drop it off at the church during business hours. If you do not want to enter, you make leave it outside the door near the office.
- The “Bible Project” (click here) is a video/discussion on Generosity. I cut and pasted from an email, but it looks like the links will work. If they don’t, I can figure out how to send it a different way.
- Don’t forget about our Faith Practice reading. This week we read Romans chapter 12. If you have ideas about how we could talk about/read our Faith Practice reading together, please share your ideas.
- We are putting together supplemental food bags for people in our community. Distribution will be Tuesday at 1:00 pm. If you want to help with this project, we are seeking donations of 16oz jars of peanut butter. When you go to the store or order your groceries, consider adding some peanut butter to your cart. If this goes on longer than a few weeks, we may also need financial assistance. We will keep you updated. We are keeping workgroups small (gatherings of less than 10) so if you want to participate, contact Pastor O’Brien before you show up.
- We are still cleaning up the email database. If you want to update your address or be removed from the email list, please let me know. If you have a friend or family member who did not get the email update, please send their address and we will add them. We are working on building our database in this new time of digital church. Thank you for your help and patience!
I hope you all have a safe, healthy week!
Repeat Announcements from the last update….
The “virtual worship service” for this weekend has been posted on Facebook and YouTube. https://youtu.be/CSo3YF-BCRA
The Parish Education Committee is loading a variety of faith development activities onto the Facebook page and website. Be sure to check them out.
Please remember St. John will still need your financial help during these weeks even though we are not meeting together as normal. If you are not signed up for automated giving now is a good time to start. Follow the link on the top right corner of the church website. https://stjohnwilliston.org/ Call the church office for help getting that setup. You can also mail your offering into the office (PO Box 235, Williston 43468) or stop by during the hours 9-3 during the week.